At i-Learner, we understand the importance of catering to the needs of students of varied abilities. This is often neglected at higher levels, which prompted us to design this elaborate structure of senior secondary courses with three streams to provide the best education to students preparing for the HKDSE Examination.
Through a free assessment provided for each candidate, we carefully divide students into streams that are most suitable for them.
The foci of each class are specifically fashioned to mould to the needs of students of that level so as to maximise their chances of attaining the best results possible in the most important examination in their lives. To better facilitate our students’ learning journey and enable them to grasp key examination techniques, each course is paired with our specially designed e-Learning platform so that students are able to practise and further polish the techniques acquired in class.
Elementary Stream (HKDSE Level 3)
- A grammar and vocabulary focus gives students a strong foundation for DSE.
- Classes strengthen specific skills needed for success with reading and writing.
Platform Pairing: Reading i-Learner L5-6
- Classes focus on writing and listening (papers 2 and 3), where the most marks can be gained.
- Learn key language and grammar tips to boost writing marks and give confidence in exam achievements.
Platform Pairing: Reading i-Learner L7-8
Intermediate Stream (HKDSE Level 4-5)
- Theme-based modules provide vocabulary and topic awareness needed for high grades.
- Each lesson provides extensive reading and writing practice, and introduces the skills needed for the DSE exams.
Platform Pairing: DSE Foundation
- Students polish reading, writing, listening and speaking skills to ensure they succeed in all 4 papers.
- Focus on advanced reading skills, such as paraphrasing and understanding tone. Strengthen writing skills by using appropriate register and clear organisation.
Platform Pairing: DSE Intermediate
Advanced Stream (HKDSE Level 5* and 5**)
- Provides comprehensive fiction and non-fiction reading skills to prepare for key elements of the HKDSE.
- Establishes a range of advanced writing techniques, which are essential to gain early mastery of for success.
- Strengthens thinking skills to tackle any unseen reading.
- Covers advanced topics in the fields of law, medicine and politics.
- Includes writing tasks based on authentic source materials, such as court documents and scientific articles.
- Applying skills learned over the previous years, students perfect advanced techniques in all areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening. This will enable them to confidently tackle all challenging areas of the HKDSE.
- Focus on literary skills and inference, which are needed for star banding. Learn tips to gain the marks that most other students will miss.
Platform Pairing: DSE Advanced