i‑Learner Education Centre

教師日誌

Teacher Diaries: Ms. Alison – Celebration

Did you all have a good time celebrating the fantastic Chinese New Year? To the majority of the working population nowadays, the origin of the CNY is probably one of the most obscure traditions about the Chinese culture and the utmost importance of the CNY should be that they have a short break to get away from the tedious routine of work.

When I was a kid, I never liked celebrating the CNY although I received quite a lot of red envelopes. I had tried to avoid occasions where I would meet distant relatives. But as time goes by, I have learnt to appreciate the CNY as a time for thanksgiving and reunion. When updating family affairs with relatives, it is a good chance to reflect upon ourselves through the past year and have aspirations for the coming year. For me, the CNY is not only about celebrating the turn of the traditional Chinese lunisolar calendar, but more about celebrating the efforts and the acceptance of oneself with our beloved ones.

2018 is the year of the dog, a symbol of intelligence, loyalty and decisiveness. I wish you all the possession of these traits and a fruitful year ahead!